This is a famous recipe from @dieffs on Instagram! It’s officially been made viral now in the fitness community over Instagram! I modified this recipe just a tad to make it IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) friendly, as always! Please feel free to check out the original, magnificent recipe and tons more at http://www.dieffs.wordpress.com
Remember: this symbol * indicates changes made or added to avoid triggering IBS symptoms.
1 lb extra lean ground turkey
*1/4 cup green onion, chopped (original recipe called for 1 medium onion chopped)
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
1/2 cup chopped orange pepper
*1/4 cup chopped mushrooms (for IBS sufferers, mushrooms are known to aggravate symptoms. Original recipe called for 1/2 cup, I reduced it to 1/4 cup for that reason. Cut out the mushrooms if you know they irritate your condition)!
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp original mrs. Dash
1/2 tsp cayenne
pinch of salt
* 1/2 tsp garlic infused oil (original recipe was for 1 tbsp garlic powder)
3 cups tomato sauce (I used diced tomatoes with liquid and added tomato paste-only because I had no sauce haha! But I did like the tomatoes in there as a bonus)!
1/2 cup water
Handful of spinach leaves
1 large sweet potato
*I used soft goat cheese and nutritional yeast on top (goat cheese is easier to digest then cow’s).
1. Preheat your oven to 350.
2. Brown your turkey meat in a pot with spices (and onion and garlic if using)
3. When meat is completely cooked, add peppers, green onions, mushrooms, spinach, tomato sauce, and water. Let simmer for 10 mins.
4. While that mixture is simmering, peel and slice your sweet potato. Be sure not to cut to thin or too thick!
5. Grease a 9×9 baking pan with some coconut oil or EVOO and lets begin to layer.
Layer some meat sauce, a layer of sweet potatoes, then sauce, then sweet potato, then sauce, more sauce and sweet potato.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 mins.
After 30 mins, remove the foil and bake for another 15 mins.
-I broiled it for a few mins at the end to get a golden, crispy effect!
Let cool and serve.